Synagogue of Saluzzo
Via Deportati Ebrei, 12037, Saluzzo, Province of Cuneo, Italy
Saluzzo’s small Jewish quarter maintains its former appearance in the area around Via Deportati Ebrei. In one of the courtyards on this street stands a building containing a synagogue on its third floor. Constructed in the eighteenth century and remodeled in 1832, the prayer hall was designed to accommodate more than 300 persons. Notice the beautiful carved door, as well as the gilt wood aron and the tevah dating from the eighteenth century.