Castelleone di Suasa, a very old town built on a hill with a Roman amphitheatre and many places of interest to archaeologists, welcomed Jews at the beginning of the 17th century. The main purpose was to take part exclusively in the financial activities forbidden by the religious authorities to non-Jews.
In 1738, the Jewish population consisted of thirty-five families living in the vicinity of the castle, in what was known as the vicoli del Ghetto. Today it can be reached via the Via delle Scuole.
The Jewish population disappeared at the end of the 18th century, a little later than in many other towns in the region, thanks in part to the protection granted by Duchess Livia.
Sources : Marche Jewish Itineraries by Maria Luisa Moscati Benigni