Viareggio is a famous seaside town and an important cultural site. The Jewish presence is quite recent compared to other settlements in the area, dating mainly from the 20th century. About 50 Jewish families lived there in the 1930s.
An oratory was built in 1954 by the Procaccia family. It can accommodate about sixty people. Religious ceremonies are held there throughout the year. Tourists are also welcome by contacting the local community in advance, for obvious security and anti-Covid reasons.
Sources : Tuscany Jewish Itineraries by Dora Liscia Bemporad and Annamarcella Tedeschi Falco