A Jewish community existed in Akhisar during the Hellenistic period.
In 1904, the town still had 75 families and a synagogue, of which nothing remains today. After liberation from Greek occupation in 1922, most of Akhisar’s Jews emigrated to Izmir.
The Akhisar Jewish cemetery is to the south of the town, next to the Resat Bey cemetery. There are around one hundred graves here.
An agricultural colony, dating from 1899, is located near Akhisar. Founded by the Association Israélite Universelle and the Jewish Colonisation Organisation, it was intended to enable Jewish immigrants from Eastern Europe to learn the rudiments of agricultural work in order to secure their livelihood as quickly as possible.