The Jewish community of Vevey was founded in 1904, thanks to the support of the former German consul Noelting.
This man donated objects of worship and funds for the purchase of land which in 1908 became the Vassin cemetery in La Tour-de-Peilz. A cemetery with 400 graves.
The Hôtel d’Angleterre houses a synagogue, a school and a meeting room. The hotel was demolished in 1946. For the next eight years, prayers were held in a hall in Simplon Street. The synagogue was inaugurated in 1954, decorated with objects from the former places of worship and stained glass windows by Régine Heim. That same year the communities of Montreux and Vevey merged.
In 1917 there were 92 Jews in Vevey, but by 1990 there were almost 300.