The Jewish community of Barr dates back to the second half of the nineteenth century. The oratory is from 1868, and the synagogue from 1878. The synagogue was sacked during the Second World War. The building was razed in 1983 after a pillar collapsed. The stained glass were transferred to the Meinau oratory and some stones to the Elisa Foundation in Strasbourg.