Synagogue and Jewish community of Naples
Vicolo Santa Maria Cappella Vecchia, 31, Naples, Metropolitan City of Naples, Italy
A small community lived in Naples between the first century and the expulsion in 1541. Jews came back to Naples in 1831. They were about 1000 at the beginning of the twentieth century and 534 after the war (14 members of the community were deported).
Today the community numbers around 200 members. The city’s synagogue, located Via Cappella Vecchia also houses the Jewish community of Southern Italy.